The Florida State University International Programs office has been officially designated as a Passport Acceptance Facility by the U.S. Department of State. Students, faculty, staff, and members of the community are welcome to apply for a U.S. passport book and/or passport card directly through our office.
As a Passport Acceptance Facility, we are authorized to receive your completed application for a U.S. passport and submit the application along with all necessary documentation to Passport Services. Passport Services will then determine eligibility for a U.S. Passport. It is important to note that only the U.S. Department of State can make the final decision to issue a passport to an individual.
As part of our services, we are happy to provide the necessary forms required to apply for a U.S. passport book or card. In addition, we offer on-site passport photo services.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM EST
- December 23, 2016
- December 24, 2016 - January 3, 2017: University Closed
- January 6, 2017
Parking is available in the visitor lot located near the stadium. Visitor lot parking is complimentary if you save your parking stub and have a member of the FSU Passport Office staff validate it. Please remember to bring the parking stub with you to the office.
For directions, please visit the FSU Parking Website
To apply for a U.S. Passport:
- Fill Out Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport (available online or in our office.)
- Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (previous passport, original or certified copy of birth certificate or an original naturalization certificate)***
- Photo Identification (ex: valid U.S. Driver’s License, a second form of I.D. may be required for non-Florida licenses)
Pay the applicable fees. Please select the Fees button above for additional information.
- Must have a check or money order for U.S. Department of State fees and FSU fees. Payment must be separate for each.
- Two Passport Photos (a set of 2 photos may be obtained in our office for an additional fee of $10.74 tax included)
- Proof of Name Change: If your name has changed for any reason (ex: marriage, adoption, etc), you will need to bring in original documentation (marriage certificate, adoption papers, etc).
- If you are a minor (under the age of 16); both parents and the child must appear in person. Both parents will need to provide their Driver's License and the child's birth certificate must be supplied.
- If you are 16-17 years of age: You are able to apply on your own. However, you will need at least one parent to provide notarized consent to you applying for your passport or at least one parent must appear before the passport agent.
If you have any issues meeting the above listed criteria, please contact our office.
Additional documentation may be required on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that fees and processing times are subject to change. Always consult the U.S. Department of State's website for current fees and processing times.
U.S. Passport Card
The FSU Passport Acceptance Facility can provide photo services for your passport, visa, and other application needs. Photos are $10.74 tax included (payable any way EXCEPT cash). If you require photos for another country’s visa, please speak with one of our agents to determine if we can support the necessary photo measurements.