The Florida State University International Programs office has been officially designated as a Passport Acceptance Facility by the US Department of State. Students, faculty, staff, and members of the community are welcome to apply for a US passport book and/or passport card directly through our office.

As a Passport Acceptance Facility, we are authorized to receive your completed application for a US passport and submit the application along with all necessary documentation to Passport Services. Passport Services will then determine eligibility for a US Passport. It is important to note that only the US Department of State can make the final decision to issue a passport to an individual.

As part of our services, we are happy to provide the necessary forms required to apply for a US passport book or card. In addition, we offer on-site passport photo services. If you require photos for another country’s passport or visa, we are likely able to take these for you. The cost is $10.74 including tax; cash is not accepted. Please be advised that you must schedule an appointment to have photos taken.

Contact & Location

Phone: 850.645.9714

FSU International Programs
282 Champions Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306

We are located on the 5th floor of the stadium in University Center A, Suite 5500.

Hours of Operation

Appointments Only

Please check the “Appointments Tab”
for availability.


Parking is available in the visitor lot located near the stadium. Visitor lot parking is complimentary if you save your parking stub and have a member of the FSU Passport Office staff validate it.

Please remember to bring the parking stub with you to the office.

For directions, please visit the FSU Parking Website.

Processing Times And Requirements

Processing Times

Routine Processing: 6-8 weeks

Expedited Processing: 2-3 weeks*

*Additional fee required

Please note that passport processing times are subject to change, for the most up-to-date processing times click HERE.

Shipping: It may take up to 2 weeks for applications to arrive by mail at a passport agency or center, and up to 2 weeks for you to receive a completed passport in the mail after it is printed. Expedited shipping options can be purchased, please reference the “fees” tab for more information.

To apply for a US Passport:

All Applicants:
  1. Fill Out Form DS-11Application for U.S. Passport,” which is used to apply for a passport book and/or card. You have the option to utilize the provided link to fill out the electronic version of the DS-11 form. After completing it, you can either print the form and bring it to your appointment, or you may choose to handwrite your application at the time of your appointment.
    1.   a. A passport book is a small booklet that can be used for international travel by land, sea, or air. It is the only document approved for international air travel.
    2.   b. A passport card is a cheaper alternative to the passport book and can only be used for travel to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and Caribbean countries by land or sea. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.

  2. Submit Evidence of US Citizenship, your proof of citizenship must be an original or certified copy, photocopies are not accepted. The following documents can be used as proof of citizenship:
    1.   a. Expired passport book or card
    2.   b. Birth Certificate
            i. Must be an original or certified copy.
           ii. The US Department of State also requires long-form birth certificates (i.e. must include parental information).
    3.   c. Consular Report of Birth Abroad
    4.   d. Certificate of Naturalization
    5.   e. Birth Certificate
    6.   f. Certificate of Citizenship

  3. Photo Identification, a Florida driver’s license is preferred. A second form of photo identification may be required for non-Florida licenses. Please review the list of acceptable forms of identification HERE.

  4. Passport Photo
    1.   a. May be taken in our office at the time of your application for an additional $10.74 fee.

  5. Applicable fees: Payment includes two separate fees; one to the Department of State, and one to Florida State University. Check or Money Order is required for the Department of State fee, starter checks are not accepted. Please select the "Fees" tab above for additional information.
Applicants Age 16 or 17:

Applicants ages 16 and 17 qualify as an adult for passport application purposes. However, they are required to demonstrate parental awareness at the time of their appointment.

How to Show Parental Awareness:

  • A legal parent or legal guardian appearing with you in person when you apply for your passport. The agent or employee accepting the application will ask your legal parent or legal guardian to sign Form DS-11. Bring a photocopy of that parent or guardian's ID.
  • Submit a signed note from your legal parent or legal guardian with a photocopy of their ID.
  • Submit proof that your legal parent or legal guardian is paying your application fees (Example: parent or guardian name is written on the check or money order).
  • We may ask you to submit a notarized statement from your legal parent or legal guardian (e.g., on Form DS-3053) which states he or she supports you receiving a passport. The statement must be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent or guardian's ID.
Applicants Under Age 16:

Applicants under the age of 16, must demonstrate parental consent at the time of their appointment. Parental consent is most easily demonstrated the following way:

  • Child and both parents/legal guardians present at the time of the application.
    • Parent’s/Guardian’s drivers’ licenses.
    • Child’s birth certificate.

If it is not possible for both parents/legal guardians to be present at the passport appointment, please review the Department of State’s website for alternative options to demonstrate parental consent.

Special Circumstances:

Proof of Name Change: If your name has changed for any reason (e.g. marriage, adoption, etc.), you will need to bring in original documentation (marriage certificate, adoption papers, etc.).

Was your most recent passport lost or stolen? You must report your passport as lost or stolen in order for a new passport to be issued.

Selecting your Gender Marker, you can select the gender marker you would like printed on your U.S. passport. The gender you select does not need to match the gender on your supporting documentation such as a birth certificate, previous passport, or state ID. We no longer require medical documentation to change the gender marker on your U.S. passport. You can select male (M), female (F), or unspecified or another gender identity (X) as your gender marker if you are applying for a U.S. passport book or passport card.

If you have any issues meeting the above listed criteria, please contact our office.