The Florida State University International Programs office has been officially designated as a Passport Acceptance Facility by the U.S. Department of State. Students, faculty, staff, and members of the community are welcome to apply for a U.S. passport book and/or passport card directly through our office.
As a Passport Acceptance Facility, we are authorized to receive your completed application for a U.S. passport and submit the application along with all necessary documentation to Passport Services. Passport Services will then determine eligibility for a U.S. Passport. It is important to note that only the U.S. Department of State can make the final decision to issue a passport to an individual.
As part of our services, we are happy to provide the necessary forms required to apply for a U.S. passport book or card. In addition, we offer on-site passport photo services.
Hours of Operation
Our office is open Monday through Friday, excluding FSU Holidays, from 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM EST.
The passport office will be closed the following days:
- Thursday, December 12th
- Thursday, January 2nd
- Friday, January 3rd
If you need accommodations outside of our normal hours, please email IP-Passports@fsu.edu and we will do our best to assist you.
There will be an extended hours event open to the public on January 31st; our facility will be open from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Since we need to drop off all packages to the post office each day, if all documents are not complete by 3:15 PM, we will be unable to accept and process your application.
Parking is available in the visitor lot located near the stadium. Visitor lot parking is complimentary if you save your parking stub and have a member of the FSU Passport Office staff validate it. Please remember to bring the parking stub with you to the office. Due to multiple campus enhancement projects as well as City of Tallahassee projects, there will be numerous road closures in and around campus beginning Monday, May 7. Please use alternate routes to avoid the road closures and associated traffic delays. A map showing road closures can be found at https://www.facilities.fsu.edu/roadclosure
For directions, please visit the FSU Parking Website
To apply for a U.S. Passport:
- Fill Out Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport (available online or in our office.)
- Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (previous passport, original or certified copy of birth certificate or an original naturalization certificate)***
- Photo Identification (ex: valid U.S. Driver’s License, a second form of I.D. may be required for non-Florida licenses)
- Pay the applicable fees. Please select the Fees button above for additional information.
- U.S. Department of State fees must be paid by check or money order. FSU fees are separate and can be paid with a credit or debit card.
- Two Passport Photos (a set of 2 photos may be obtained in our office for an additional fee of $10.74 tax included)
- Proof of Name Change: If your name has changed for any reason (ex: marriage, adoption, etc), you will need to bring in original documentation (marriage certificate, adoption papers, etc).
- If you are a minor (under the age of 16); both parents and the child must appear in person. Both parents will need to provide their Driver's License and the child's birth certificate must be supplied.
- If you are 16-17 years of age: You are able to apply on your own. However, you will need at least one parent to provide notarized consent to you applying for your passport or at least one parent must appear before the passport agent.
If you have any issues meeting the above listed criteria, please contact our office.
Additional documentation may be required on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that fees and processing times are subject to change. Always consult the U.S. Department of State's website for current fees and processing times.
U.S. Passport Card
The FSU Passport Acceptance Facility can provide photo services for your passport, visa, and other application needs. Photos are $10.74 tax included (payable any way EXCEPT cash). If you require photos for another country’s visa, please speak with one of our agents to determine if we can support the necessary photo measurements.
Passport Book Fees
(About six to eight weeks)
(About four weeks)
Expedited Processing and Shipping
(About two to three weeks)
Passport Book CostPayable to U.S. Department of State via check or money order ONLY (no cash)
$80 Minors (under 16)
$140 Minors (under 16)
Includes fee for passport book and expedited processing
$156.48 Minors (under 16)
Includes fee for passport book, expedited processing and overnight return shipping to your home
Execution Fee (Mandatory)Payable to FSU via check, money order, credit/debit card (no cash)
Includes execution fee and the overnight shipping fee to passport processing facility
PhotosPayable to FSU via check, money order, credit/debit card (no cash)
|$10.74 tax included||$10.74 tax included||$10.74 tax included|
Renew by Mail:
If you want to renew your passport, you may qualify for renewal by mail. A person qualifies for renewal by mail if your most recent U.S. passport meets the following criteria:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change
If you qualify for renewal by mail, our office CANNOT accept your application and you must mail it off on your own. We can, however, provide you with the appropriate renewal form. You may also obtain the necessary photo for your application from our office for a fee. If you do not meet the above criteria, you must apply for a new passport in person.