(Independent Interns click here for more
1. Before applying for an International Programs internship, contact your major
department about its internship policies to ensure you will be able to receive academic
credit for an internship. We need to know if an internship is a degree component
as well as any specific departmental requirements that may apply.
Please Note: Graduate student applicants MUST gain approval from
their academic department before applying for an internship. For more information,
please contact our International Programs Internship Coordinator.
2. Complete the program application online by clicking the appropriate location
button on the right.
3. Complete the Internship Request Form
4. Submit to International Programs:
- The application online.
- The Internship Request Form.
- Resume that has been critiqued and stamped by the FSU Career Center.
Additionally, an electronic resume must be submitted directly to the Internship Coordinator.
Non-FSU Students should contact the International Programs Internship Coordinator.
Note: Students applying for an internship in Panama or Spain must also submit a resume in Spanish.
- 3 letters of recommendation: 2 academic and 1 employer
(use reference form).
- Non-FSU students must submit an official transcript.
- Intern application fee of $250.00.
Note: Before applying for an internship in Panama or Spain, contact
the International Programs Internship Coordinator for Spanish-language requirements.
Interns in Panama and Spain should be highly proficient in Spanish.
Application and supporting documents MUST be received by the application
deadline in order to be admissible.
After a student applies, International Programs will contact him/her to confirm
eligibility and discuss placements. If you have any questions contact Kristin Gladwin,
Internship Coordinator, at (850)644-3272,
Application and Payment Deadlines
- Upon notification of acceptance, you will receive and return an Internship Agreement
which details the terms and conditions of your internship.
- To defer fees, you must submit a
deferment request form. Non-Florida State students may only defer up to 50%
of their program fees.
- Please familiarize yourself with the Fee Liability and Refund Policy.
Application Deadline ($250 Deposit): Sept. 12, 2012
Scholarship Application Deadline: Sept. 12, 2012
Confirmation Deposit ($1,500): Sept. 26, 2012
Full Payment: Oct. 14, 2012
Application Deadline ($250 Deposit): December 5, 2012
Scholarship Application Deadline: December 5, 2012
Confirmation Deposit ($1,500): January 16, 2013
Full Payment: February 20, 2013
Application Deadline ($250 Deposit): April 3, 2013
Scholarship Application Deadline: April 3, 2013
Confirmation Deposit ($1,500): May 15, 2013
Full Payment: June 12, 2013
Application Deadline ($250 Deposit): September 11, 2013
Scholarship Application Deadline: September 11, 2013
Confirmation Deposit ($1,500): September 25, 2013
Full Payment: October 23, 2013
Dates listed on this website indicate the first night in housing until the morning
of the program’s last day. In many instances, this may necessitate leaving the U.S.
a day earlier than the first day listed.
Additional Important Information
All dates and fees are subject to change.
For important information about travel, payments, financial aid, and credits, Click here.